Friday, December 27, 2019

Places I've stood and vaped or smoked

1. My front door.
  I look out on a lawn that I barely mow.  It's all single story houses on my block, and there's a grade school across the way.  I was standing out there and smoking, now I vape.
2.London, Pickadilly circus
  Downstairs at the hotel we were at several years ago.  I bought packs of cigarettes at the kiosks that had gruesome pictures on them, and were quite expensive.  I was tearing off the filters at that time.  People would set up tents at night on the cobblestones.  There was a church across the way, and a Pizza Express on the ground floor.
3.Quebec City, Quebec.
  The hotel was very nice, made of stone, in the old town.  It was mostly below freezing.  Everybody spoke French.  I was vaping nicotine.  There was a McDonalds up the way, and many fine espresso joints.
 4.Florida.  Port Charlotte
  I'd stand next to the street, look at the canal and the colorful birds.  I'd walk down to a bridge and back. 


No comments: