Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Jerry Garcia=love

  • erry Garcia=love @mountain girl @nashville, oregon. Deb Trist Token Jackson... ~ summit, oregon.... The grateful dead never toured Japan. Albert Collins played at the Budokan. Highly recommended. also check out Allman Brothers Florida Bandshell 85 or so. John Mayer is a lousy guitarist. If the most intelligent he can say is he used to sleep with african american chicks, then he's got some serious real time problems. There's another guitarist who played in the Rock Collection with Melvin Seals and another drummer and another guitarist that played at Cozmic a few years ago and he was great. He started with a song by the Band, and his voice was soulful and he had about a million pickups on his guitar. It was nice to see Melvin Seals too, hadn't laid eyes on him since my 3 JGB Warfield SF '88 shows. Thank you Solomon Samuels for getting the tickets and setting that up and obtaining the MDMA. Sol Samuels is not on fzbook but there never was a greater fan of Jerry Garcia than he, and he sold me a lot of good marijuana at Barrington Student Cooperative (check wikipedia) in Berkeley in '88. When I was studying East Asian Languages at UC Berkeley, living in Barrington, doing workshifts, playing my guitar and getting stoned as hell, trying to memorize Kanji the next morning as I stroll to class burnt out from all the weed smoking the previous night. Tying my yellow fever with the grateful dead experience was always problematic. My girlfriend at the time Patty Eng, didn't like the lines "she's brown as the bank where she kneels down to gather her water." from Wake of the Flood, weather report suite. I guess it doesn't matter what color or shape you are when you're kneeling down to gather water, because if you do that, you are at least getting water, which is what's needed to defeat this covid19 scourge. I can't even visit my friend in Portland because his mini three person family is isolating like good citizens.
  • Christopher David Farrell What happened to Cherry Garcia flavor at the local 7/11?
  • Christopher David Farrell So anyway, some dude was very friendly with me at Cozmic when I told him how long it had been since I saw Melvin Seals. Melvin makes me break down crying, really. But I didn't think much of the other guitarist. Pretty lame actually. So I knew Blue Lotus was playing at Luckey's around the coroner, so I walked over there and Felix Blades was totally shredding! It was awesome. Then the bass player thought I wanted the wrong bathroom or something. That was unpleasant. The woman in the band is great too. They kept losing keyboard players. Now Felix is going to Lane, which is maybe the best place for such a talented dead diaspora guitarist of that age. Things can get pretty exciting when you're 19 and can shred on the guitar. RIP Tif. This is all guaranteed true. I watch the documentary of the dead and other bands travelling across canada obsessively. Everybody was skinny then! I need to drop twenty pounds, and I can only do 25 situps. My second chakra hasn't been getting a workout, is the simple truth of it.
  • Christopher David Farrell I'd reread all these words but I have to go outside and smoke.
  • Christopher David Farrell Jerry in Jail is my favorite recording. Oregon State Prison, 1984. Jerry Garcia and John Kahn. RIP John Kahn.
  • Christopher David Farrell they do Ruben and Cherise

No comments: