Friday, February 07, 2020

maintenance

I decided to try to do an hour of work around the house a day, cleaning, maintenance, or gardening, so I have been doing that since I got back and my roommate is happy about that.  The house looks a lot better and I am ready to destroy the blackberries in the back and then rake the leaves off the lawn and try to get the lawn back into a decent mowed looking state.  Then Bruce, the roommate, said he can help build some new raised beds, because the three that are out there now are in need of replacement.
Then I can get some planting going maybe, and replace the strawberries in the raised beds in front, and do a bunch of other shit.  I cleaned up the garage for the first time in about year, so now I'm not surrounded by marijuana detritus.
Furthermore, John and Jon and I are going to start getting together weekly to jam.  The name of our band is Mystic Zombie Prison of the Mind.  Jon Tillis is an odd character, 57, who plays guitar and has a house full of amplifiers.  He lives toward the coast in what formerly was the country but recently was built up, so he's surrounded by apartment buildings.  His girlfriend Jodi and John and Jon have been jamming for a few years now, but I'm not sure what's going on with her.  Jon just got out of jail again.  He tends to get erratic when he gets manic, I hear. 
Anyway, I have been driving down to see a dead jam on Thursday nights in Eugene.  I recognize a lot of faces and people say hi to me, and they all seem to get along great.  Some of it seems to be somewhat silly, as in people put a Grateful Dead skull on the back of their jacket so they can be part of a group or something.  But the redeeming factor is that it is populated by some good musicians...and so it doesn't seem to get old.  They play Viola Lee Blues a lot, Loser, Morning Dew, Gomorrah, Bird Song, Cats Under the Stars, Althea, After Midnight, Midnight Moonlight.  Furthermore I got invited to a party.  But I couldn't understand much of what the person was saying, so I might miss it.
  With sincerest regards,
 

No comments: